Last night Alice attended Ray Ban’s Raw Sound launch event, which took place at Shoreditch’s Village Underground which is a fantastic blank canvas space that was transformed into a buzzy, trendy party with Tom Vek playing and Mystery Jets DJing. Guests included Kate Moss’ man Jamie Hince, Pixie Geldof, Jaime Winstone and Fazer from NDubz! Above is an image of Alice and co. taken by the great Alistair Guy.
Rustle, crump, whoosh, crackle, bang, phut. Where would we be without fireworks to cure the November blues? True, dogs hate them. The fire brigade isn’t keen. Sensible mums buy in extra calamine. But fireworks are part of our national life and no one has ever come up with a better way of celebrating jubilees, opening ceremonies, sporting successes or new year’s eve than with a firework display in which thousands of pounds goes up in a few minutes of light and smoke. Watching money burn is its own joy!
Never mind those sugary sweets. Halloween brought some delectable ear candy, too. But which (witch?) Halloween songs are the most popular? Here’s our creepy countdown of top Halloween Songs. Because when it comes to Halloween, these are the songs you wouldn’t want to be caught … dead … without.
10. Witchy Woman by The Eagles
9. Runnin’ With the Devil by Van Halen
8. Somebody’s Watching Me by Rockwell
7. Don’t Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
6. A Nightmare on My Street by D.J. Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
5. Highway to Hell by AC/DC
4. Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon
3. Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr.
2. Monster Mash by Bobby “Boris” Pickett & the Crypt-Kickers
1. Thriller by Michael Jackson